There are some new and exciting details out today for Universal Studios Islands of Adventure “Skull Island: Reign of Kong”.
To get things rolling (pun intended) the Universal Studios Orlando blog released details on the new ride vehicle!
Each vehicle for Reign of Kong measures of 40 feet long and 13 feet high with 45 inch wheels with individual front and rear steering and will carry up to 72 people.
To add a new twist to the immersive experience Universal is mastering – these vehicles will traverse a completely trackless system!
Having a free moving trackless vehicle alone would realistically provide a difference experience with each ride, but in their usually fashion of going above and beyond and setting new bars in attraction development, Universal has added 5 individually driver characters to “Reign of Kong” each with their own story and experience to share:
- Becky Callahan: The loose-cannon cowgirl who isn’t fazed by the dangers awaiting her on Skull Island.
- Will Denham: The fresh-faced, adventure-seeking younger cousin of famed movie director Carl Denham.
- Jinks Costanza: A hardened New York City ex-con who is wary of the island’s mysteries.
- Kalana: A mystical descendent of the natives who first settled on the island.
- Charles “Doc” Jordan: A PhD student in paleontology who took time off from his studies to explore the world.
“Skull Island: Reign of Kong” opens this summer at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure.
For more details on the Reign of Kong vehicle, check out the video provided by Universal Studios: